Stephen Muhl, Sandra E. Rodil
Tha PLASNAMAT research group belongs to the Instituto de Investigaciones en Materiales, IIM (Materials Research Institute) of the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, UNAM.
Our aim is to advance in the knowledge about materials science, particularly when the materials are synthesized using plasma assisted techniques. We develop experimental techniques and methods to create new coatings but also look into their possible applications.
As part of the university, we are also compromised with the training for the next generation of materials scientists.
GOALS AND AIMS
“Deposition and Characterization of Functional Thin Films and Coatings for diverse applications such as…”
- Hard Coatings
- Wear and Corrosion Resistance coatings
- Tribological Coatings
- Biocompatible Coatings
- Anti-Bacterial surfaces
- Water remediation: Photocatalytic Thin Films
- H2 production by Photo-Induced Water Dissociation
- Ionic Thin Film Conductors
2. Fundamental Research about the growth and properties of different thin films.
3. Development of plasma-based new deposition systems
4. Plasma Characterization